A child is a special part of entire family and safeguarding a child’s interest should always be the priority for parents. Teaching the right values doesn’t only include the cultural well being but it covers everything from the sun in the sky to the soil in the ground. Certain things are as essential as basic education, which only parents can take charge of and make your child aware about the complexity of life.
HERE IS A LIST OF ESSENTIAL THINGS CHILD(REN) SHOULD KNOW AT AN EARLY AGE:
1: Carefully educate grown ups about the right values of sex. If you don’t, the society will teach them the wrong values
2. Keep a close watch on Child Behavior and teach them not to sit on anyone’s laps no matter what the situation demands, including close friends, uncle or relatives
3: Avoid Getting Dressed in front of your child once he/she is 2 years old. Learn to excuse them or yourself
4. Never allow any adult refer to your child as ‘my wife’ or ‘my husband’
5. Whenever a child goes out to play with friends make sure to keep a look on what they are doing, don’t send them out with strangers. Its the common practice to keep your child on co-workers place, Remember in 80% of the abuses cases its done by the person they trusted the most. Never leave your child alone with collegues, managers or with a staff member.
6. Never force your child to visit any adult, if he or she is not comfortable with and also be observant if your child becomes too fond or hateful towards a particular adult
7. Once a very lively child suddenly becomes withdrawn, you may need to patiently ask lots of questions from your child, if they refuse to share keep them some space and constantly tell them that you support them in whatever they do
8: It is always advisable to keep a check on what they bring in, may be a pack of cigarettes or a ticket of a high end party at a nearby bar
9. Ensure to activate parental controls on your cable networks and advice your friends especially those your child(ren) visit(s) often
10. Teach your 3 year old how to wash their private parts properly and warn them never to allow anyone touch those areas and that includes you
11: Blacklist some materials/associates you think could threaten the sanity of your child (this includes the bollywood item songs, adult movies and adult video games)
12. Let your child(ren) understand the value of standing out of the crowd, not to get involved with every stranger they met
13: Once your child has enough strength and complains about a particular person, don’t keep quiet about it. Take up the case and show them you can defend them.
Remember, we all are either parents or parents-to-be and once ignored “THE PAIN WILL LAST A LIFETIME”.